Why do I need an asbestos survey?
All premises that were built before 2000 could potentially contain asbestos. Under regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, duty-holders have a responsibility to “take reasonable steps to find out if there are materials containing asbestos in non-domestic premises, and if so, its amount, where it is and what condition it is in.”
For further guidance and advice please visit the HSE website.
Types of Asbestos Surveys
There are two types of survey for Asbestos Containing Material (ACM).
- Management Survey – Required to manage ACM during the normal occupation and use of premises. This type of survey ensures that nobody is harmed by the presence of ACM in a premises, that ACM remains in good condition and is not accidentally disturbed.
- Refurbishment/Demolition Survey – Required where the premises or part of it is refurbished, upgraded or demolished. This type of survey aims to ensure that nobody is harmed by working on ACM in the premises and that the work is carried out by a suitable contractor in a suitable fashion.
Our Asbestos Survey
One of our asbestos surveyors will visit your premises to carry out the inspection and will produce a report for you containing the following information:
- Register – A full asbestos register of all ACMs.
- Site plan – A full site plan showing each sample point.
- Photos – Full colour photos of each sample point.
- CD Copy – A copy of the report provided on CD all in PDF format.
Main areas covered
- St Helens
- Shrewsbury Stoke-on-Trent
Even if your premises are not located at any of the above locations, we may still be able to visit. Contact us to discuss your requirements further.